Barnbougle – King Island Golf Tour 2023 tour
PLAY: Barnbougle Dunes | Lost Farm | Cape Wickham | Ocean Dunes
This tour is a VIP experience where you feel like royalty in your own private aircraft , and play ‘like a pro’ on some of the world’s best courses. Along with daily guidance on your golf from our PGA Professional Host.
The courses at Barnbougle and on King Island are spectacular to the extreme and must be played at least once in your lifetime.
Barnbougle is now a name that represents two iconic golf courses, true golfing treasures for both the enthusiast, and social golfer. This is a destination that resonates of the game’s connection to ancient Scotland and Ireland. Ruthless Marram Grass, wide open fairways and exquisite hole layouts make for an unforgettable challenge. With fresh Tasmanian air and the omnipresent echo of crashing waves, Barnbougle is the perfect golfing getaway.
Cape Wickham – Immerse yourself into a rare and dramatic mix of coastal holes cleverly routed around Cape Wickham Lighthouse on the northern tip of King Island, with some holes leaning gently toward the ocean (Bass Strait), and others set atop a rocky headland. The 11th is almost “in” the sea and the 18th is built directly above the beautiful beach at Victoria Cove, which comes into play as bunker on the final hole. Few courses in the world, if any, interact with the ocean quite like this.
Ocean Dunes – Ranked as 4th On The List Of Australia’s Best Public Courses. A very special links course on King Island overlooking the Great Southern Ocean. Playing here will stay in your memory for a long time to come.
Along with this amazing golf there will be daily coaching sessions from our on-tour PGA Professional , and you will get guidance on course as well when playing alongside him.
Day One: Melbourne – Barnbougle
0900 Airborne in the Air Adventure Outback Jet direct to Barnbougle’s private airfield. Flight time 1hr.
1000 Arrive at Barnbougle and prepare for golf in the Pro Shop (change rooms available).
1100 Tee off for up to 20-holes at Barnbougle Lost Farm. Ranked No. 4 in Australia and No.40 in the world. Designed by Bill Coore.
Following play there is time for a drink in the relaxed Sports Bar, indulge in a Spa Treatment or relax in your on-course accommodation.
This evening we recommend dining in the Lost Farm Lodge Restaurant – overlooking the course and serving fresh Tasmanian Produce.
Accommodation for the next 2 nights Lost Farm Lodge – Click here to see accommodation
Day Two: Barnbougle
Breakfast at leisure
1000 Tee off for 18-holes at Barnbougle Dunes. Ranked No. 2 in Australia (Golf Australia) and No. 33 in the world. Designed by Tom Doak.
Return to Clubhouse for drinks in the relaxed Sports Bar before dinner.
Day Three: Barnbougle – King Island
0730 Breakfast then transfer back to the aircraft and depart for King Island. Flight time 45mins.
0930 Arrive at King Island and transfer by road to the island’s northern tip for 18-holes of golf at the premium Cape Wickham course designed by Mike DeVries & Darius Oliver. Ranked No. 3 in Australia and No. 24 in the world.
This evening we recommend dining at the Cape Wickham Links Clubhouse , for in house guests only.
Accommodation on-course at Cape Wickham – Click here to see accommodation
Day Four: King Island – Melbourne
0730 Breakfast then transfer by road to Ocean Dunes and tee off for 18-holes at this exciting new course, designed by Graeme Grant (former superintendent of Kingston Heath for 16 years).
1630 Following play return to your aircraft loaded with King Island cheeses which you may have purchased at ‘cellar door’ prices for the 45 minute flight back to Melbourne. Easy!
Please note that Barnbougle courses are walking only.
If a motorised cart is required, you must have a recent medical certificate, provided 30 days prior to travel
Motorised cart includes caddie. refer to pricing for details.
Included in the price :
– Return private charter flights onboard the immaculate Outback Jet via King Island
– 2 nights of on-course accommodation at the premium Lost Farm Lodge
– 1-night accommodation on King Island (Cape Wickham )
– 38 holes at Barnbougle/Lost Farm
– 18 holes at Cape Wickham, King Island
– 18 holes at Ocean Dunes, King Island
– Pull cart and full-size bag hire (if required)
– On ground transfers
– BYO clubs (in pencil travel tube, supplied)
– Golf Coaching by our PGA professional Daily ( before or after golf as the itinerary suits and on a group basis, and on the course when PGA Pro is in your group)
– Entry Fee to daily Stableford competition and Overall Tour Champion.
– Motorised cart hire at Cape Wickham & Ocean Dunes
Cost: AUD $3200 per person, twin share.
Single accommodation please add AUD $395 (single
accommodation is limited).
- Barnbougle only – (Lost farm & Dunes) motorised cart $130 per course($260 total two golf courses)
- Payment of the Golf Cart is to the Pro-shop & balance to the Caddie
- Pricing right at the time of publication and may change without notice
- *Golfers are not permitted to drive the golf cart.
– Meals and drinks
– Caddies, Club hire or electric pushcart hire other than those mentioned
– Flights to and from Melbourne
– Accommodation in Melbourne